Thursday, January 28, 2010

Let It Snow

After my car skidded past my driveway on my way home after tutoring this morning, I realized it was more slip-a-dee (as my daughter used to say) out there than I thought at first. I’ve been monitoring the snow as it falls at a furious slant outside my upstairs window, and as I look over my shoulder to watch it fly, I can hear the voice of my weather-phobic friend ringing in my ears (along with my usual tinnitus), telling me to call and cancel my noon doctor’s appointment, because driving in this weather is dangerous.


I feel like a wussy scaredy cat doing it, but I do it, anyway, so I’m now officially stuck inside, all dressed up with no place to go – a new doctor’s appointment under my belt, so to speak – an afternoon of leisure lying before me like a white blanket.


I am either going to: (1) watch all the DVR’d TV shows taking up space on our TV’s hard drive (2) watch Adam, the movie I rented from Netflix (3) cook up something yummy for dinner (4) read one of my library books that’s waiting patiently for me in a pile at the side of my bed (5) learn how to use my camera by reading the camera manual that came with my new Canon PowerShot (almost two months ago) or (6) noodle around on the computer.


Groovin’ on a Thursday afternoon…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I vote for #3.