Monday, March 8, 2010

I Wonder Why

I wake up every, single morning with a different song playing inside my head. I don’t know if this is normal, and I sometimes wonder why, but it’s been my normal for as long as I can remember, so it’s normal for me.

The other day I woke up humming Storm Warning, a Bonnie Raitt song I hadn’t heard in years. I couldn’t figure out why that exact song was spinning around inside, until a few minutes ago, when I leaned over to fill in my Headache Calendar. Yep. Each and every mega-migraine I’ve had in the past three months has coincided with a storm. Coincidence? Serendipity? Ouch.

I should probably do some statistical research correlating my wake-up songs with the events of my life, but the thought of it exhausts me. On the other hand, if I did it, maybe I’d learn something new about myself, since learning something new every day is a goal I try to fulfill, day in and day out. I don’t know where the idea came from (either my mom told me – or a teacher – or the songs inside my head), but it doesn't matter, because it’s become such an integral part of the me nobody knows (along with those random wake-up tunes - oh yeah).

Right now it’s 9 a.m., so I’ve already learned a few new things. One: my current UConn basketball heroine, Maya Moore, signs each autograph with a Bible verse. Two: New York City’s High Line runs from Gransevoort Street to 34th Street, between 10th and 11th Avenues.

What haven’t learned, though, is what’s gone wrong with my email. Each day I’ve been getting a slew of mail titled Mail Delivery Subsystem, but I can’t figure out how to stop them or why they're continuing to arrive. My daughter told me to change my password, but that hasn’t made a difference, becasue those mailer daemon mail-hackers continue to use my email for their own purposes. I’d love to learn how and why so I could cut them off for good. Trying to figure out why has kept me up at night and anxious during the day.

But, since the sun’s shining, and my stretch and tone exercise class is beckoning, I'm going to suspend my disbelief for a little while and seize the day on this rare almost-spring morning. Today I've got the sun in the morning and a UConn game at night. Who could ask for anything more (Moore)? Go Huskies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shar--

Greetings from Reno.I'm wondering if you got a whopper of a migraine to go with our whopper of a storm yesterday. We had 50+ MPH winds, our cable blew down (no Internet or TV), our back yard flooded, & the basement started seeping water. Quite a dramatic & scary day. I hope your head didn't explode & you got back from NYC OK.
Judy