Monday, August 16, 2010

Shades of Blue

Exactly one year ago today I wrote my first blog because I was sad, miserable, lonely, and blue after my daughter and her new husband packed up and moved from New Haven to Seattle. I missed my sweetie pie so much I fantasized that writing would help dull my sadness and, perhaps, erase it. I also imagined that blogging would bridge the vast three-hour time delay I was having so much trouble bridging (math has never been my strong suit).


Well, guess what? Fifty-seven blogs later, it worked, because as of September 1st, she’ll be baaaaaack. Yep. She and her husband are moving to New York, only 1 ½ car-driving hours away, where I’ll be able to see her in person, instead of in my imagination.

The movers arrived today and packed up their stuff, then the kids, Harper the granddog, and their computers and smart phones left Seattle late this afternoon. They’ll be driving like the wind for the next few days towards Chicago (my son-in-law’s home sweet home). When they’re done visiting The Windy City, they’ll snake their way further east to Bronxville, NY, their new home sweet home.

I’m wishing for a safe journey, a job offer for my daughter (she’s waiting patiently for a teaching position to open up), and some juicy blogging material. Oh how happy [she has] made me.

FYI: Surprise! Our chimney was repaired, and nothing terrible happened. Take that Friday the 13th! The damage wasn’t as bad as the mason thought it’d be, so he’s going to charge us less than he originally estimated. Therefore, the glass has gone from half empty to half full. Next up: outdoor porch column repair. Are you surprised I’m expecting the worst? Please - don’t be.

2 comments:

Serena Crystal said...

I wish I had a mom like you! xoxox

Sharron Freeman said...

OOOH - me, too. Unfortunately, we didn't luck out in the mom department, did we? Darn it all.