Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ten - Ten - Ten

I know, I know – I haven’t written a word since exactly one month ago Just in case you want to know what I’ve been spending one entire month doing, I’ve been:
(1) Taking out storm windows, washing them, putting them back in, taking them out again, and putting them back in one last time (on the first floor).
(2) Vacuuming up paint dust (yes, the painters are still outside, driving me crazy).
(3) Fighting migraines.
(4) Growing a set of fingernails.
(4) Tutoring 1st and 2nd graders at Rawson School in Hartford. Reading.
(5) Teaching girls, boys, and moms how to knit each Wednesday from 3-4 at my local library.
(6) Taking the bus to NYC the second Wednesday of each month to cram myself full of cultcha.
(7) Doing the storm window shuffle on the second floor (the 3rd floor awaits with bated bad breath).
(8) Getting my ears tested for hearing aids, which are arriving any day now.
(9) Forcing myself to give up bread, pasta, fruit, desserts, and cheese and crackers while sticking to the South Beach Diet, even though only six pounds have unstuck themselves and jumped ship.
(10) Reading, watching must-see fall TV, editing a book, exercising, and riding my bike.

Yes, I know that’s more than 10, because I'm terrible at math-centric writing (and speaking). Go ahead. Be my guest. Call in the math police. They've been buzzing around my door since I was forced to use flashcards to learn my multiplication tables in second grade. Ten Four. Over and out.

No comments: