Saturday, October 3, 2009

Baby, Baby, Sweet Baby...

I know I’m not the first 61 year-old woman in the universe to become a grandmother, since there have actually been a zillion, bazillion moms who’ve turned into them throughout civilization. But at 10:30 this morning, when I was elevated to that new parallel universe, the one where my granddaughter officially lives, I believed, I truly believed, that I was the only grandma in the entire history of the world to ever feel such joy.
I would like to believe that turning into a grandmother - a delirious, delightful, happy, peppy and bursting with love event, if there ever was one - is so special that nothing bad will touch me today. Take that, M.C. Hammer.

1 comment:

Serena Crystal said...

Welcome, Melina! You are one lucky little bug because already so many people love you. We haven't yet seen you, but we know you're beautiful. Your blogger grandmother will someday present you with a trillion MB of text all about how she loves you. In fact, we can't wait to hear more from her!!!!!!!